Junior Software Developer
Job Title: Junior Software Developer
Date: 23rd June 2023
Location: Swindon, Glasgow, Woking, London or Home-Based
About the role
LandHawk is a web-based geospatial platform that helps land developers rapidly search and risk assess development opportunities across the UK.
We are looking for an agile Junior Software Developer with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a logical thinker with great attention to detail and a genuine drive to do great work, learn and progress.
We are keen to talk with recent graduates who are at the top of their game or software developers who have 1+year experience and looking for their next role.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and make a real difference in the world of land development.
Here are some of the key benefits of working at LandHawk:
- You will be working on cutting-edge technology that is changing the way land development is done.
- You will be part of a team of talented and passionate professionals who are committed to making a difference in the world mentored by a top Lead Developer
- You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your skills in a fast-paced and exciting environment
- Adding new features to and maintaining existing platform
- Constructing frontend user interfaces from UX designs
- Making additions and adjustments to backend code
- Developing automation tools for backend services
- Uploading and managing of large geospatial datasets
- Providing key backup to our Intermediate Software Developer
To be successful, you'll need to have:
- Experience with ReactJS or alternative framework
- Experience with another language (eg. C++, C#, Python, Ruby)
- At least 1+ years relevant industry experience or recent graduate
Additional desireable qualities:
- Experience Ruby on Rails or alternative full stack framework
- Experience with databases and SQL/Postgres/PostGIS
- Mapbox GL Library
- Knowledge of geospatial
- Able to work as part of an integrated team
- Happy to help, positive attitude
- Naturally curious and keen to explore and learn new technologies
- Confident and effective communicator
- Strives to achieve best results, asks questions rather than blindly following instructions
- At least 2+ years relevant industry experience
Our specialist software solutions power the performance of government and industry, driving productivity and a better experience for everyone. Built around the user and designed in collaboration with experts who have worked through every detail of every process from end-to-end, our hard-working process engines deliver exceptional functionality and embed workflows that drive efficiency and best practice with a long-term focus for regulated environments.
Through the automation of tasks, the simplification of complex operations, finding scalability as operations evolve, and more effective management of information, we help our customers harness the power of Digital, so they can do more.
We employ around 500 staff in the UK and worldwide, including Europe, North America and Asia, so some travel to meet colleagues may be required.
- Dynamism – We shape our future
- Responsibility – We are accountable for our own actions
- Integrity – We do the right thing
- Valued – We value each other
- Excellence – We set the benchmark for quality
We are ambitious in working together to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. Idox is a company where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit, where we respect all our employees, customers and communities in which we live, work and are a part of.
We recruit and reward employees based on capability and performance – regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. Each office location worldwide, is free to respond to local needs to create a culturally sensitive workplace for everyone. In doing so, we want every employee to feel our commitment to showing respect for all and encouraging open collaboration and communication.
- Flex To Fit – We recognise that for individuals, the opportunity to work flexibly can enable them to achieve a better work-life balance along with a greater sense of responsibility, ownership and control of their working life. During the pandemic, all our employees successfully transitioned to remote working and we are open to conversations on work patterns to suit our employees needs such as change to working times; part time working; term time working; 9-day fortnight. We are proud to be a flexible employer enabling effective hybrid working for our employees.
- Family Friendly – We understand how important family is to our employees and provide support through difficult times such as bereavement as well as offering excellent pay and leave benefits for parents and carers welcoming a child.
- Health & Wellbeing – Our Workplace Wellbeing teams provide support and resources on mental health and lifestyle. We also provide 24/7 confidential help via our employee assistance programme.
- Be Heard – You will have the chance to impact change within Idox by having your voice heard via our CEO live broadcasts; making suggestions Idox voice forum or sharing your ideas in our company newsletter, Inside Idox.
- Community – You will have the opportunity participate in community and social activities, as well as group wide fundraising ventures. We prioritise sustainability and ethical impact on our communities and we pledge to allow our employees to carry out volunteer work.
- Your Development – Our mentor scheme will help you to achieve personal and professional growth through learning from experienced colleagues and you will also have access to online and face to face learning modules including our Leadership Development Programme.
- Financial Security – We offer full company sick pay plus income protection for long term illness and our life assurance cover is provided up to four times annual salary. Our Pension Scheme operates on a Salary Exchange Contribution Basis so you will receive relief from NI contributions.
How To Apply
Please submit a CV, and a short cover letter (maximum 500 words – including salary expectation, and current remuneration) explaining why you feel you would be suited to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note successful applicants will need to satisfy the BPSS guidelines (Baseline Personnel Security Standards) which consist of the receipt of satisfactory references covering the last 3 years of employment; an identity check; verification of eligibility to work in the UK; and a Basic Disclosure Check. This is in order to help us make safer recruitment decisions.
As part of the recruitment process, we will collect data about you in a variety of ways including the information you would normally include in a CV or a job application cover letter, or notes made by our recruiting officers during a recruitment interview.