Geospatial Information Systems: Geospatial Junior Developer
Job Title: Geospatial Junior Developer
Date: 21st December 2022
Department: Pune Development
About the role
Building on the success of our recently expanded technical teams based in our Pune office and with ambitious growth plans to add to our number of employees in India in the next 18 to 24 months, we are looking to recruit developers for our geospatial solutions for our land & property customers in the UK. We are looking for team players with technical experience to join our team.
This is a fantastic time to join Idox as part of our planned expansion in Pune and of overall innovation across the group. In particular, we are looking for confident, self-starting software developers with an eye for high quality solution output. In return, we provide an excellent foundation for the further development of your career.
Idox will invest time and resources, as well as a competitive package (including flexible working), designed to reward success as you achieve your own professional development goals, as well as achieving success as a significant contributor to our developer community overall.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced software developer to join the growing geospatial team at Idox.
Our software team is at the leading edge of cloud delivery for web mapping and pioneering geographic information systems (GIS). Using globally leading open-source technologies, this is a team which is passionate about applying mapping and geographic data to improve and innovate what our customers do.
You will be joining a highly experienced software development team to work on our modern cloud platforms and leading web GIS software applications. Working with core technologies that include PostGIS, GeoServer, OpenLayers and using Python, Angular as well as other development software, you will provide critical input to the delivery of innovative products and projects for internal and external clients.
If you have experience with frontend, backend or full stack development and excellent programming skills, we would really like to meet you.
Idox is a company with strong ambition. There is great career potential for those who show initiative and an aptitude for leadership. You will have a buddy from day one, to make sure you can make the most of learning opportunities in the business. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and flexible working to support your wellbeing as well as your professional development.
- Adding new features to and maintaining existing platform.
- Constructing frontend user interfaces from designs (we use Figma for designs).
- Making additions and adjustments to backend code.
- Developing automation tools for backend services.
- Uploading and managing of large geospatial datasets.
Must have skills
To be successful, you will need to bring...
- Some HTML and CSS experience.
- At least 1 year relevant industry experience OR relevant university qualification OR at least 3 years programming passion for technology and ability to generate new ideas and solutions.
Additional Desirable Skills
Degree in software engineering, computer studies or related discipline.
- Automated testing
- Cloud engineering (AWS)
- React or alternative framework
- Experience Ruby on Rails or alternative full stack framework
- Experience with databases and SQL/Postgres
- Knowledge of geospatial
- Able to work as part of an integrated team
- Happy to help attitude
- Naturally curious and keen to explore and learn new technologies
- Confident and effective communicator
- Strives to achieve best results, asks questions rather than passively following instructions