Established in 1990, MIPIM is a 4-day real estate event to meet the most influential players from all sectors of the international real estate industry.
MIPIM brings the entire value chain together and gives unrivalled access to the greatest number of development projects and sources of capital worldwide. The event gathers all players from the commercial property value chain for a year’s worth of business in four intensive days.
A growing list of European and international exhibitors has confirmed their participation at MIPIM, and the conference program will be centered around the theme ‘Better Places – Greater Impact – Stronger Business’.
This program will put the spotlight on ESG, innovation, and technology solutions able to accelerate the transformation of the built environment towards a more sustainable model. MIPIM 2023 will feature six new stages, including the Road to Zero Stage, focused on pragmatic approaches to decarbonizing the real estate industry.
Jeremy Rifkin, an American economic and social theorist and author of 20 bestselling books, will open MIPIM with a keynote speech that will address the importance of innovation in the transformation of the built environment towards a more sustainable model.
Professor Rifkin’s knowledge will be powerful for businesses navigating an uncertain world as MIPIM continues to be the major international event where real estate leaders can find solutions to the day’s most pertinent questions.
Having advised leading companies on renewable energy, electricity transmission, advanced manufacturing and economic modelling, Rifkin will address the main theme of MIPIM 2023 ‘Better Places – Greater Impact – Stronger Business’.
Professor Rifkin is best known for his influential work on the third industrial revolution, for which he is an advisor to the European Union. Having worked with cities, regions and national governments to develop the Internet of Things infrastructure for a Collaborative Commons, Professor Rifkin will discuss the effects of scientific and technological advancements on the economy, society and the environment.
He will be joined in Cannes by other prominent speakers and investors, including:
- Belit Onay, Mayor of Hanover
- Bradley Weismiller, Managing Partner, Real Estate Capital Markets
- Cristina Gamboa, CEO of World Green Building Council (WGBC) • Henning Koch, CEO, Commerz Real
- Isabelle Scemama, Global Head of AXA IM Alts • Juhana Vartiainen, Mayor of Helsinki • Julie Manning, Global Head of Climate & Carbon Strategy, LaSalle IM
- Kanji Matsushita, General manager, Takenaka Corporation • Karin Sheppard, SVP & Managing Director Europe, IHG
- Kwasi Benneh, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley • Michael Lascher, Senior Managing Director, Blackstone
- Michelle Cecchini, Head of Public Health, OECD
- Piotr Uściński, Secretary of State, Ministry of Economic Development and Technology, Poland
- Remigijus Šimašius, Mayor of Vilnius
- Rui Moreira, Mayor of Porto • Seita Kisanuki, Group Manager, Sumitomo Forestry
- Stephanie Hyde, Chief executive, JLL UK
- Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of the Liverpool City Region
MIPIM takes place on 14-17 March in Cannes, France. The 2023 edition expects to attract 23,000 delegates from over 90 countries.
We’re looking forward to attending in our first year as part of the Idox group, and taking part in the largest international real estate event in the world.
If you would like to connect with us during the event, you can book a meeting here.